2019 Annual General Meeting
Join us for the 2019 Banff Minor Hockey Annual General Meeting on Thursday, May 9th at 6:00pm at the Fenlands.
Find out the latest on Banff Minor Hockey, enjoy some food and drinks and the chance to win $200 towards registration fees.
The board is also looking for people to fill several positions for a two year term:
- Vice President (vacant)
- Secretary (currently Kelly Turpin)
- Coach Coordinator (currently Rob Osiowy)
- Ice Coordinator (currently Chris Hughes)
Board members meet less than once a month on average.
We’re also looking for a manager for next season’s novice team.
- Shall preside at the Annual General Meeting and the Special Meetings of BMH in the absence of the
- Shall preside at all Executive Meetings in the absence of the President and shall accept responsibility for the supervision of all committees.
- Shall be responsible for risk management and discipline.
- Shall act as a liaison between Banff Minor Hockey and referees.
- Shall be under the direction of the President and the Executive Board of BMH.
- Shall be responsible to keep accurate minutes of all regular Executive Board Meetings, Special Meetings and General Meetings of BMH and to distribute them to the Executive Board members. © Shall conduct correspondence on behalf of BMH and the responsible for keeping all correspondence and permanent records during the term of office.
- Shall be responsible for scheduling all BMH ice requirements.
- Shall be responsible for scheduling all BMH dates and ice times for all tournaments hosted by the local association.
- Shall act as a liaison between BMH and the Town of Banff.
- Shall select and coordinate coaching clinics and chair a selection committee to allocate coaches to
- each team fairly from those who apply, based on coaches’ qualifications and past performance.
- Shall organize player evaluations, and oversee team placements.
- Shall see that coaches are certified according to Hockey Alberta rules.
- Shall set up regular coach and referee meetings at least at the start of the season to promote cooperation between coaching staff, referees and the executive.